Youth Basketball in Franklin

Senior Summer League
High School Fall League
High School Winter League
High School Spring League
High School Summer League
K of C Free Throws
7/8th Summer League
7/8th Spring League
7/8th Fall League
St Mary's CYO
Jimmy Fund Tourney
Franklin Metrowest Travel Teams
Town Recreation
Challenger League
Local Leagues/Sessions

1/17/09 Announcement - Last Details & Potential Weather Impact

Sat 1/17


A few last details are being finalized but all is set for Monday's tourney.



As noted in the 1/14 announcement, we have six different sessions with 220 players throughout the day so need to stay on an agressive schedule. Please make your best effort to have your kids on time ready to go. 


A majority of the shirts were picked up today. All others will be available 15 minutes before the start time. I'd encourage parents to arrive early to get this settled and your kids changed before the Announcements and start of play.

Individual shirts for 1/2B & 1-7G I will not list. However, teams I still have and will have for Monday:

8B: Oklahoma, Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Stanford

6/7B: Miss St, Kentucky


3/4B: Dartmouth & 1 Princeton Shirt

(Volunteer shirts are in the possession of Nancy Palazini (7:45-11:45AM HS Volunteers), Lauren Lannon (12:15-3:30 HS Volunteers), Mike Vinson (3:15-7:15 HS Volunteers)..these will be distributed the day of.)


It appears from forecasts we may be okay for Monday.  However, I did today speak with Mike D'Angelo the head of the building/facilities for the School Dept. (Mike makes the call on the weekends for any school closings)  If there is any cancel (either full day or partial day) he will alert me by 8PM Sun night. (He was optimistic based on the Sat forecast for Mon we'd be in the clear.)

Just to cover all the event it got to the point we had a partial day, (i.e. couldn't get the gyms until noon) we would go forward with all the programs which start after noon. (i.e. 8B & 1/2B would not be held Monday)  Either way, it will indeed be an unfortunate incident if the gyms are closed for any period of time Monday.  Mike is aware of the # of kids and Jimmy Fund Component but obviously needs to have first concern on safety/etc.

If there is any type of, I will e-mail everyone out and also post an entry in the Tourney Weather Status link above.



We have ~40 HS Students lined up to volunteer.  The tough issue is the JV & Varsity Boys & Girls High School teams practice in the mid to late afternoon and cannot volunteer for the 3rd shift. (3:15-7:15) We are looking for any parents with the experience to help ref the 5B and 6/7B games. (Many thanks to Geoff Reno, Bill Adams & John King for offering and in the AM Rhonda Kale, Jeff Gray & Scott Anderson all ready to go should they be needed.)  I would ideally like to have 1-2 more parents offer for the 5B or 6/7 Division to be sure we are covered....we will have 8 games taking place at once and currently have 9 high school students ready to ref (2 of which are on the frosh team and still awaiting their practice time for Monday from their coach.)  We pair up the HS refs for each game.



- Our donation to the Jimmy Fund will be our largest to date. (exceed $3K)

- Game Match-Ups for the 6/7B & 8B 3 on 3 Games have been posted